Parallel Programming with Fortran
Fortran is a programming language specifically designed for heavy number crunching with native support for multidimensional arrays. Parallel programming is the process of employing a set of computing resources to solve a problem in less time by dividing the work between them. The goal of the course is to familiarize the participants with the basics of parallel programming with shared and distributed memory in the programming language Fortran.
- Day 1
- Introduction to parallel programming; computer architectures with shared and distributed memory
- Parallel programming with distributed memory
- MPI (Message Passing Interface)
- "Point-to-point" operations
- Day 2
- collective operations
- Parallel I/O
- Advanced MPI-2 / MPI-3 concepts
- Parallel programming with shared memory: OpenMP
- Parallel programming for hybrid systems: MPI + OpenMP
Target audience: This is an introductory workshop aimed at students, researchers, and engineers.
Course Format: This training will take place online. The instructors will provide you with the information needed to connect to the event.
Date: September 28-29, 2022.
Time: 13:00 - 16:30.
Prerequisites: Personal computer equipped with a SSH client to access the supercomputer, basic knowledge of programming in Fortran or other programming language (C/C++ or Python).